Views:2 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-06-26 Origin:Site
In which industries can the kinematic viscometer play? After purchasing a kinematic viscometer, how should we install it correctly? When using a kinematic viscosity meter, what are the aspects that need attention?
The main application of kinematic viscosity meter
How to install a kinematic viscometer
How to use the kinematic viscometer
How to choose a kinematic viscometer
In practical engineering and industrial production, it is often necessary to use a kinematic viscometer to measure the viscosity of a fluid online to ensure an optimal process operating environment and product quality, thereby improving production efficiency. By measuring the viscosity of the liquid in the process, the data of the rheological behavior of the liquid can be obtained, which has important guiding value for predicting the process control of the product process, the transportability and the operability of the product in use. The properties of liquids are often related to other properties of the product such as color, density, stability, solid content and molecular weight. The most convenient and sensitive way to detect these properties is to measure the viscosity of the liquid on-line. The range of process technology requirements for on-line viscosity testing minimizes product rejection and line downtime. Viscosity is a physical property of a fluid substance that reflects the internal friction of the fluid as it interacts with external forces. The viscosity of a substance is closely related to its chemical composition. In industrial production and scientific research, the composition or quality of a substance is often monitored by measuring viscosity. The physical property analyzer for measuring the viscosity of a fluid is a viscometer.
A kinematic viscometer measures viscosity, the ability of a fluid to resist flow or stress. Generally, viscosity is related to the "thickness" of the fluid - physical properties of great interest to liquid, paste and paste manufacturers. Viscosity is a key property of foods, paints, cleaners, adhesives, polymers, fuel oils and pharmaceuticals. Many industries use viscosity as an end point for making liquid formulation products.
1. Care should be taken when loading and unloading the rotor of the kinematic viscometer. When loading and unloading, the connecting screw should be lifted slightly to operate. Do not use excessive force, and do not force the rotor laterally to avoid bending the rotor.
2. Do not put the kinematic viscosity measuring instrument that has been mounted on the rotor sideways or upside down.
3. Keep the connection between the connecting screw and the rotor end face and the thread, otherwise it will affect the rotor sway.
4. When the kinematic viscometer is lifted and lowered, the hand is held to prevent the kinematic viscometer from falling due to its own weight.
5. After changing the rotor, please enter the new rotor number in time. After each use, the replaced rotor should be cleaned (cleaned) and returned to the rotor frame. Do not leave the rotor on the kinematic viscometer instrument for cleaning.
6. When changing the liquid to be tested, clean (wipe clean) the rotor and rotor protection frame in time to avoid measurement errors caused by the contamination of the measured liquid.
7. The kinematic viscometer instrument and the rotor are matched one-to-one. Please do not confuse several instruments and rotors.
8. Do not disassemble and adjust the kinematic viscometer instrument parts at will.
9. Many of the suspensions, emulsions, polymers and other high-viscosity liquids are “non-Newtonian liquids”, and their viscosity values vary with conditions such as shear rate and time, so different rotors, speeds and times The inconsistent results of the measurements below are normal and not instrumental errors. The determination of non-Newtonian liquids should generally specify the rotor, speed and time.
After the kinematic viscometer instrument is unpacked, check whether the instrument is damaged, whether the screw is loose, and check whether the items are complete according to the packing list. Check the power on to see if the kinematic viscosity measuring instrument is working properly.
When the sample contains water and mechanical impurities, it must be dehydrated before the test, and the mechanical impurities are removed by the filter paper. For the lubricating oil with high viscosity, the dewatering filtration can also be carried out at a temperature of 50 ° C and 100 ° C. Before measuring the viscosity of the sample, the kinematic viscometer must be washed, then dried in an oven, or blown dry with hot air filtered through cotton.
The kinematic viscometer machine must be kept horizontal. When selecting the rotor, it depends on the viscosity of the sample to be measured and the measurement range of the number of rotors. When connecting the rotor, gently lift and hold the mandrel (on the main unit) with your left hand, and rotate the rotor with your right hand. This operation is to protect the mandrel and the spring wire in the fuselage, which can extend the life of the instrument. Avoid the generation of air bubbles when the rotor is placed in the sample, otherwise the measured viscosity value will be reduced. The method to avoid is to tilt the rotor into the sample, and then install the rotor. The rotor cannot touch the cup wall and the bottom of the cup and is measured. The sample must have not passed the specified scale.
When measuring different samples, the rotor must be kept clean and dry. If other samples remain in the rotor or water remains after cleaning, the accuracy of the measurement will be affected. The maximum acidity (pH) should not exceed 2. If the acidity is too large, the special rotor should be used. When using ULA, the sample volume should be determined (only 16ml). Select the viscosity standard solution according to the measured viscosity range, and use the viscometer or flow every time. The instrument is verified before the instrument, or periodically verified to ensure the accuracy of the measurement. BROOKFIELD offers silicone oil or oil standards in all viscosity ranges for Newtonian fluids with an accuracy of ±1%. The recommended life of the viscosity standard is one year from the start of the seal.
1.The amount of sample is whether the sample is expensive and whether it is necessary to control the amount of the sample.
2. The range of viscosities, which is the range of possible viscosities for your sample.
3. Whether it needs to be measured at a fixed shear rate, or fixed speed, rotor, etc.
Even if the mass of the kinematic viscosity measuring instrument itself is good, using it incorrectly can cause errors in the measurement results. If you are looking for a reasonably priced high quality kinematic viscometer, NANJING T-BOTA SCIETECH INSTRUMENTS&EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD can provide you with the best products.