Views:4 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-02-14 Origin:Site
Viscometers are instruments used to measure the viscosity of fluids (liquids and gases). What is special about kinematic viscometers? When do we need a kinematic viscometer? What should we pay attention to when using kinematic viscosity measuring instrument?
When should I use a kinematic viscometer?
Safety measures for kinematic viscometer
The problem to be aware of when using kinematic viscosity measuring instrument.
The kinematic viscometer is suitable for determining the kinematic viscosity of liquid petroleum products. The kinematic viscometer has the final result of the kinematic viscosity by timing the sample movement time. The method is suitable for determining the kinematic viscosity of a liquid petroleum product (referred to as a Newtonian liquid) by measuring the time at which a certain volume of liquid flows through a calibrated glass capillary viscometer at a constant temperature, the kinematic viscometer The product of the capillary constant and the flow time is the kinematic viscosity of the liquid at that temperature. The kinetic viscosity is obtained by multiplying the measured kinematic viscosity by the density of the liquid at the current temperature.
An example of the importance of dynamic viscosity measurement is to indicate the proper flow characteristics of ketchup. The product needs to have a lower viscosity when flowing in order to remove it from the bottle, but it needs to be thicker (or not easy to flow) when sitting on a burger. Testing the viscosity of the ketchup at different speeds (equal to different force levels) will help ensure that the ketchup is as it should. Another application is in the design of the pump system. Since the viscosity of non-Newtonian fluids varies with speed of movement, pressure and pump speed can severely affect proper pump specifications, pressure and pipe size. Testing the product at different speeds will help guide the design of the pump system.
The measurement of the Kinematic viscosity meter is mainly used for Newtonian liquids - liquids that do not change in viscosity as a function of the applied force (shear rate).
Testing lubricants is an important application. Using this test method, viscosity changes at different temperatures and different environmental conditions can be determined. With this information, you can assess changes in lubrication.
1. The kinematic viscometer operating procedure does not have a separate agitation switch, the temperature control switch is turned on, and the agitator starts working at the same time.
2. The vertical state of the kinematic viscometer can be adjusted by three small screws on the holder.
3. When installing the thermometer, be sure to position the mercury ball close to the horizontal point of the center point of the capillary viscometer.
4. When the experimental environment changes or the bath is replaced, the PID parameters need to be self-tuned once.
5. To determine the kinematic viscosity of petroleum products, it is recommended to use a kinematic viscosity tester for petroleum products.
6. The Kinematic viscosity meter is placed smoothly and the power cord is well connected.
7. The kinematic viscosity tester is well grounded.
8. When the sample contains water or mechanical impurities, it must be dehydrated before the test, and filtered to remove mechanical impurities.
9. For lubricating oils with high viscosity, a Buchner funnel can be used for suction filtration by a water pump or other vacuum pump, and dehydration filtration can be carried out by heating at a temperature of 50 to 100 °C.
10. During the measurement process, due to the need to change the rotor, the liquid to be measured, etc., after changing the position of the kinematic viscometer by rotating the lifting chuck, the horizontal position of the kinematic viscometer should be checked and adjusted in time.
Most kinematic viscometers need to be leveled. Pay attention to the level problem after changing the rotor and adjusting the rotor height and during the measurement process, otherwise it will cause reading deviation or even reading. Some kinematic viscometers need to be equipped with a protective frame. Read the instructions carefully and install them according to the regulations, otherwise it will cause reading deviation. Determine whether it is approximate Newtonian fluid before using the kinematic viscometer. For non-Newtonian fluids, the rotor, rotation speed and rotation time should be specified after selection to avoid misunderstanding that the instrument is not accurate. In summary, although the kinematic viscometer has a simple structure and is convenient to use, if it is not used correctly, an instrument that has passed the verification cannot obtain accurate measurement results and affect the product quality.
If the kinematic viscometer is used incorrectly, the measurement results may be biased, and the purchase of a non-compliant kinematic viscometer will lead to the same result. If you are looking for a reasonably priced high quality kinematic viscometer, NANJING T-BOTA SCIETECH INSTRUMENTS&EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD can provide you with the best products.