Views:9 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-03-02 Origin:Site
Maybe you have used the asphalt on the road surface, but do you know that the asphalt has to pass the asphalt binder content test before it is officially put into construction? What is the use of the asphalt binder tester? In addition to using the tester, are there other methods for testing the asphalt binder content?
The importance of asphalt binder content testing
Use of asphalt binder tester
Advantages of asphalt binder tester
asphalt binder content test method
Bituminous binders, sometimes referred to as bituminous cement binders or bituminous cements, are an important part of asphalt concrete - as the name implies, cement that holds aggregate together. The asphalt binder is a by-product of petroleum processing to produce gasoline, systemic diesel fuel, lubricating oil, and several other petroleum products. Bituminous binders are made from heavy residues (residues) that remain after petroleum distillation to remove fuel and lubricant . The residue is further processed by a process such as steam treatment (steam distillation) to remove any traces of the gas oil or lubricating oil composition and/or by oxidation until the treated residue meets the desired specifications required for the asphalt binder. Once the binder is produced, a small amount of additive can be incorporated into the binder for demanding high performance applications to produce a modified binder, for example, a polymer additive can produce a polymer modified binder. Factors such as oil-stone ratio, asphalt properties, mineral gradation, mixing temperature and other factors determine the quality of asphalt mixture, and the quality of the material directly determines the quality of road construction.
The asphalt binder tester is designed and manufactured according to the "asphalt content test (burning furnace method) in asphalt mixture". The asphalt binder tester can determine the asphalt content quickly, correctly, safely and reliably. It is suitable for determining the asphalt content of asphalt mixture. asphalt binder testing machine can also be used for the analysis of asphalt mixture after combustion. This machine is also called asphalt binder ignition furnace. Mainly used to test the content of asphalt binder. The asphalt binder tester consists of an oven, a balance and a control system.
1. The asphalt binder tester adopts aviation insulation material, which has good heat preservation effect, short preheating time and fast heating rate, and can reach the standard temperature of 538 °C within 30 minutes.
2. Asphalt binder testing machine has good thermal insulation performance. When the internal temperature of the furnace reaches the standard temperature, the external temperature of the furnace body is lower than 45 °C, and the operation safety is high, which avoids the influence of high temperature on the measurement accuracy of the electronic scale.
3. The exhaust gas emission is up to standard using the secondary combustion function and high temperature filtration technology.
4. The software of asphalt binder testing machine is powerful enough to display temperature, sample weight, weight loss, correction factor, asphalt content and asphalt aggregate ratio.
5. The temperature adopts fuzzy control scheme, high temperature control precision and good stability. 6. Safe protection, no organic solvent that will damage human health and environment, is a green product.
6. The asphalt binder tester uses a special structure to ensure that critical measurement sites do not produce state errors at high temperatures.
7. The asphalt binder tester displays the test program data in real time, and has a self-diagnosis function and a fault code indication function, which can query historical data and process it.
8. After the asphalt binder content test is completed, the instrument has a voice indication function that can save and print the test results.
9. Flexible processing, software and hardware can be selected as attachments, and can be connected to computers and general printers. You can use a USB drive to download data and connect to the wet network function.
When using hot mix asphalt (HMA) for paving, it is important to ensure that the properties of the material being laid are matched to those required in the mixing design. One of the most fundamental factors to test is the asphalt content of the material. There are two popular ways to determine this value, and both are relatively simple. The first method uses a solvent to separate the bitumen from the aggregate and filler in a variety of processes. The other is to ignite asphalt or bitumen using an ignition furnace and burn it off. Once the bitumen is removed from the sample and the percentage content is calculated, the residual aggregate can be classified.
The adhesive ignition method was developed by the National Asphalt Technology Center (NCAT), and both ASTM and AASHTO established standard test methods for the program. The bitumen content is determined by the binder content. The asphalt ignition furnace is specifically designed to heat it to a chamber temperature of 538oC (1,000°F) to ignite and burn off the bitumen in the loose HMA sample. This process takes approximately 30 to 40 minutes for samples from 1,200 to 1,800 g, which is slightly longer for samples below 3,000 g. The remaining aggregate is then weighed, the initial weight and final weight are compared, and the asphalt content is calculated. Correction factors are sometimes required to compensate for the small amount of minerals that are burned from the aggregate. The aggregate grade is then determined by standard screening analysis.
The manual test method uses an asphalt binder tester and requires manual weighing and recording of the sample before and after the ignition procedure. Automated systems such as asphalt blender testers automatically weigh, record and report completed test results.
The asphalt binder tester must use a correction factor because a certain amount of aggregate may be burned during the ignition process. The correction factor can be determined by placing a sample of known asphalt binder content into the furnace and comparing the test results to known asphalt binder contents. According to the limited National Asphalt Technology Center (NCAT), conventional and infrared ignition furnaces, if properly calibrated, should produce statistically similar bitumen content and recycled aggregate grading.
Using an asphalt binder tester is a convenient and efficient method for asphalt binder content test, but first make sure you are purchasing a quality asphalt binder tester. If you are looking for a good quality and reasonable price of asphalt binder tester, NANJING T-BOTA SCIETECH INSTRUMENTS&EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD can provide you with the best products.